Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Collective Memory

I am?

I am
A tribute to human emotion
A stain pressed by time
A teardrop caught between the pages of a book
As one human emphasised with another.

I am
A trigger of human passion
An impression influenced by time
A debate that leaped from the pages of a book
As one human argued with another.

I am
A spark of human imagination
A fire kindled by time
An innovation created from the end of a book
As one human inspired another.

I am
An account of human history
A tale detailed by time
A saga collected in a library of books
As one human conversed with another.

I am?

I am
The question and the answer
The collective memory of our humanity.

I am
Literature.

1 comment:

Viv said...

each line an expression of a fundamental truth.

[last line stanza 1: is it the word emphasised or empathised?]